- 1 x 200g piece of salmon – no skin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ lemon zested
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 20g melted butter
- ½ carrot sliced thinly
- 1 spring onion sliced thinly
- ½ granny smith apple
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt & pepper
Apple chips and the Smoking Gun
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
2. Slice the salmon as thin as you can (approx 2-4 mm is ideal) and cover with the salt, zest and sugar.
3. Place the salmon into a dish and cover with cling wrap.
4. Using the Smoking gun, add a dense smoke to the dish and let sit for 10 minutes,
5. Lightly rinse the salt and sugar from the salmon and pat dry with paper towel
6. Repeat the smoking process another two times and let sit (covered) for 10 minutes each time.
7. Using a cutter, cut the tortilla into 4 circles then brush with butter.
8. Push down the edges into a low based muffin tin and bake until golden and crisp.
9. Mix together the carrot, onion, apple, mayo and vinegar in a bowl
and season to taste
10. Place the slaw on top of the tortillas, arrange the smoked salmon on
top then using a blow torch, scorch slightly and serve
For more floral notes, try adding lots of soft leaf herbs like dill or chervil to the seasoning mix