An amazingly easy, delicious, and elegant dish that is sure to wow any crowd!
- 12 fresh oysters on the half shell
- ½ a cup of tomato juice
- 40ml good quality vodka
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stem of celery, finely diced
- A few drops of Chipotle hot sauce (Chipotle Tabasco sauce)
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill
- The Smoking Gun and Apple Wood Chips
- Shuck oysters, leaving them in their liquor on the half shell.
- Arrange in a pre-cooled dish on a bed of crushed ice, ensuring not to spill the liquid (liquor) from inside the oyster.
- Mix together the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and vodka. Spoon equally over the oysters.
- Add some chopped celery to each oyster along with a few drops of the Chipotle hot sauce.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the oysters, ensuring no seeds end up in the oysters.
- Garnish each oyster with fresh dill.
- Cover the dish with cling-wrap leaving a small hole for the Smoking Gun pipe as well as a little space for air-flow. Smoke the oysters using the Apple Wood chips. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately – raw oysters need to be consumed right away.
Recipe from: Pamela MacDougall