A rich smoky flavour adds a subtle twist to an old favourite, making for a truly mouth-watering guacamole.
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 1 medium tomato, de-seeded and finely chopped
- ½ a red onion, diced
- ½ a cup of finely chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish.
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 -2 jalapeños, to taste( if milder chilli is preferred de-seed them first)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- The Smoking Gun and Apple Wood Chips
- Pit and scoop out avocados in a large glass bowl.
- Mash the avocado with lime juice, salt and pepper till smooth.
- Cover the bowl with cling-wrap leaving a small hole for the Smoking Gun pipe as well as a little space for air-flow. Smoke the avocado using the Apple Wood chips. Leave to rest for about 7 minutes.
- Partially remove the cling-wrap whilst mixing the remaining smoke into the avocado.
- Put all the other ingredients into the bowl and stir gently.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3. If you really love a smoky flavour (like I do) – this can be repeated once again.
Delicious served on top of a poached egg and hashed browns – you won’t miss the bacon!
Also great served as a dip with nacho chips
Recipe from: RR