Create a new experience for your diners with an excellent interactive presentation and a new combination of flavour and texture. The raw salmon is smoked tableside under a glass with mesquite smoke using the Smoking Gun. The glass is then removed in front of the diner to release the smoke and uncover a delicious smoked raw salmon. The smoked raw salmon is sprinkled with crispy shallots and micro greens and it is served with toasted baguette slices and a dill cream.
Because the smoke from the Smoking Gun is cool, the raw salmon is smoked without being cooked and thus maintaining its silky and moist texture, creating an exciting and original combination of flavour and texture.
INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 12 thin baguette slices, cut on diagonal and toasted in the oven
- 12 slices of fresh raw salmon (sushi grade)
- 100 g (4 oz) micro greens
- Sea salt flakes and pepper
- Mesquite Wood Chips and The Smoking Gun
- Whisk sour cream, finely chopped fresh dill, and lemon juice in small bowl to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store in the fridge until serving time.
- Melt butter with olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add thinly sliced shallot and sauté until golden brown.
- Transfer sautéed shallots to paper towels to remove any oil excess. Let stand at room temperature and serve within a couple of hours to maintain crispiness.
- In centre of plate arrange a bunch of micro greens and slightly press with your fingers so they stay in place.
- Arrange three slices of raw salmon on top of the micro greens. Make sure the arrangement fits inside the glass you are planning to use to capture the smoke.
- Sprinkle some crispy shallots and season with sea salt flakes
- Sprinkle a few micro green leaves on the salmon to add some colour.
- Arrange 3 baguette slices on one side of the plate.
- Place a tablespoon of dill cream on the other side.
- Get your Smoking Gun ready with Mesquite wood chips.
- Holding the glass upside down and close to the assembled dish, fill it with smoke and place it on top of the raw salmon immediately. Serve.
Recipe from: Molecular Recipes