- 350ml good quality tomato juice
- 120ml good quality Vodka
- 8 drops red hot sauce
- 8 drops green hot sauce
- 4 dashes Worcester sauce
- 75ml lemon juice
- Pinch Maldon sea salt
- Pinch crushed black pepper
- Pinch celery salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp grated fresh horseradish (omit, if not available)
- 4 sticks fresh celery
- Hickory Wood Chips and The Smoking Gun
- Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, except the celery sticks and fresh basil leaves, shake well to mix.
- Using cling film cover the cocktail shaker, load the smoking gun chamber with the smoking chips, aggressively smoke the liquid and seal with the cling film, repeat the process 3-4 times making sure to stir the liquid each time.
- The Bloody Mary will now be smoked.
- To serve pour onto ice with 2 basil leaves in each glass and garnish with a celery stick.
Alternatively for added theatre serve with a smoked glass by upturning a serving glass and filling with smoke. Turn the glass in front of friends and pour the drink in front of them.
Everyone loves a little theatre!!!!
Recipe from: Sous Vide