Any meat eater will tell you that steak only gets better between two pieces of bread! Take your steak sandwich to the next level by smoking the fillet with Hickory.
- 1 fillet steak, about 200g
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 slices rustic bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A few salad leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hickory wood chips and The Smoking Gun
- Pat the steak dry with kitchen paper. Place in a self-seal plastic bag, add the smoke tube and seal the bag as much as possible.
- Place the hickory wood chips into the smoking gun and light. Smoke the steak for 30 seconds, remove the tube and seal the bag completely.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Season the steak with a little salt then cook in a hot frying pan or griddle pan for 4-6 minutes each side, depending on how you prefer your steak cooked.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest while you toast the bread.
- Rub the surface of the toasted bread gently with the garlic.
- Put the toast on a serving plate, drizzle with oil then place some salad leaves on each slice.
- Slice the steak thinly and place a few slices on top of the leaves on each piece of toast. Finish with a little pepper and serve.